Courvoisier Institute of Grand Cocktails
The Heritage Rooms, Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London, WC1B 4DA
It’s confirmed. Courvoisier are offically, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck style, Looney Tunes! The Courvoisier Institute of Grand Cocktails and their “immersive theatrical experience through a world of classic cocktails” was probably conceived after drinking too much ‘special’ tea from the Mad Hatter’s summer’s party and so much fun! Come along with a some friends for a very surreal night out.
Courvoisier are well known for their awesome events. However, this one is completely nuts. Their latest project, The Couvoisier Institute of Grand Cocktails was “Created by Courvoisier over a hundred years ago for the world’s grandest bartenders to perfect the ultimate cocktail”
Starting with light refreshing Courvoisier Punch in the building’s “produce stores” we were lead though rooms after room, each themed on the punch’s ingredients.
- The derelict Grand Rococo Ballroom complete with cobwebs; waltzing Victorian dancers; and an eccentric “Merovingian-esque” host firing riddles into the crowd in exchange for champagne cocktails from Amanda Humphrey (Bar Manager, 5 Hertford Street).
- The New Orleans-style Apothecary featuring two mad scientists keen on blindfolding and experimenting on a few braver girls in our group… while the rest of us sipped on classic Courvoisier Sazeracs from Chris Lacey, (Bar Manager, Rules)
After an hour of eccentricity and a spirited meeting with the bi-polar “happy to meet you… get out of my office” Master of Cognac, we were joyfully initiated into the Courvoisier Institute of Grand Cocktails with a surreal ceremony before stumbling back onto the daylight of Bloomsbury Square wondering what the hell just happened.
This surreal experience is only available today and tomorrow, (Fri 13th & Sat 14th). At only £10 a ticket it’s thriftily decadent!
When is it?
Fri 13 Jul, one hour sessions (Starting every 20 mins, from 6:30 – 10:30pm)
Sat 14 Jul, one hour sessions (Starting every 20 mins, from 5:30 – 10:30pm)
The Heritage Rooms, Victoria House
London, WC1B 4DA
- EVENTS NEWS: Courvoisier Institute of Grand Cocktails (Fri 13/Sat 14 Jul)
- ONE TWEET REVIEW: CourvoisierUK’s #CIGC
- PHOTO: Welcome to the Courvoisier Institute of Grand Cocktails! #CIGC
- PHOTO: Welcome to the @CourvoisierUK punch… #CIGC
- PHOTO: Second @CourvoisierUK room… our #MiddleEastern guide seduces a bemused (and off camera) @ProBarChick
- PHOTO: Third #CIGC room. How to taste the VSOP Hello, How are you? @CourvoisierUK
- PHOTO: To Enter the Fourth Room… ring the bell #CIGC @CourvoisierUK
- PHOTO: 4TH ROOM: The most surreal yet! Surrounded by Victorian Ballroom Dancers and a Merovingian (from #TheMatrix) Style Host
- PHOTO: 5TH ROOM – The Mad Taste Scientist of #CIGC @CourvoisierUK
- PHOTO: 5TH ROOM: The #CIGC Mad Taste Scientists remind us that ‘Chicks’ should always be #blindfolded and teased! @CourvoisierUK
- PHOTO: Behold! We finally meet the #CIGC @MasterOfCognac from @CourvoisierUK
- PHOTO: An Ecstatically-Angry @MasterOfCognac Awards Us with Membership of the #CIGC @CourvoisierUK