Disco Bistro EC4,
The Rising Sun, 61 Carter Lane, City of London, London, EC4V 5DY
Disco Bistro EC4 takes up 6 month residency in The Rising Sun Pub, nr St Pauls. Opening 06th Nov
Carl Clarke is a popular chef with a string of successful pop-up events such as ‘English Launderette’, ‘Rock Lobsta’, and ‘God Save The Clam‘. This new venture ‘Disco Bistro EC4‘, is his first solo pop-up which will be run with the assistance of Glyn Gordon (ex-Roganic and L’Enclume).
Unlike most pop-ups, Disco Bistro EC4 will not confine itself to serving in the upstairs dining room, it will also be serving a different ‘pub food’ menu downstairs.
The dining room will provide “rare breed meats and day boat fish” cooked using wood fire or robata grills. The bar menu will include “French dipped burger”, “fried chicken wrapped in pigskin”, and the fan favourite from God Save The Clam… “lobster corn dog”.
Sample dishes include the following.
- Saddleback lardo, black treacle & buttermilk
- 50 day aged Dexter & smokes stuffed bone marrow
- Roe Deer & raspberry stout pudding, spiced pumpkin and pickled elder
- Rosehip jelly & brown bread custard
- Wild sea trout cooked over wood, crispy onions, lime & lavender vinegar
- Crispy lamb breast with sheep’s curd dumplings, black peas & cucumber broth
- Cornish bream with kale and Marmite turnips
- Cheddar and rye doughnuts with quince ketchup
Given Carl’s track record of successful projects, ‘English Launderette’, ‘Rock Lobsta’, and ‘God Save The Clam‘. I’m expecting Disco Bistro EC4 to be extremely popular so put it in your diary now!
Disco Bistro EC4 (at The Rising Sun)
Ad: The Rising Sun, 61 Carter Lane, London, EC4V 5DY (map)