Free Fish Fillet Burgers at Bonnie Gull Seafood Café
To celebrate launch of their new “Lunch under a tenner” menu, seafood specialist, Bonnie Gull gave away 100 fish fillet burgers at 12h30 today in Exmouth Market
Londoners like freebies and the British love queues. This is especially true for food. Today more than 125 people queued for 100 free burgers, needless to say some people were a disappointed.
Bonnie Gull was created by Alex Hunter and Danny Clancy to serve responsibly sourced and 100% British seafood. It started life as a pop-up in Hackney serving seafood from a pie & mash shop before turning into a full restaurant in Fitzrovia. Exmouth Market is their second site in Exmouth Market which opened just six months ago in April 2014.
“Lunch for under a tenner…”
- Newlyn Sardines, Sourdough, Chilli & Mint Dressing – £5
- Pumpkin Soup, Beurre Noisette £5
- Fish Fillet Burger, Japapeno Mayonnaise £9.50
- Meantime Beer Battered Fish & Chips’ (Plaice), Mushy Peas, House Ketchup – £9.50
- Shetland Isle Mussels Mariniere, Skinny Fries – £ 9.50